Under the General tab in the BasePress Settings page you find some general configurations for your knowledge base.
- Knowledge base page here you find a select menu with a list of the pages in your website. You need to select the entry page for your KB. Take Note: If you use the SetUp Wizard for configuration, it will create this page for you. On the other hand if you haven’t created your entry page yet, please read how to create the KB entry page.
- Exclude IPs from article view counter BasePress keeps track of the number of times users visit an article. You can tell BasePress to not count visits from specific IPs by adding them in this field separated by a space.
- Single Knowledge Base mode tick this option if you need a Single Knowledge Base. Read this article for more details on the difference between single and multiple KB mode.
- Enable 301 redirection If you are passing from a single KB to multiple one or vice versa enable this option to automatically redirect requests from the old links to the new ones. IMPORTANT! This feature may conflict with other plugins. Test it to make sure it works in your setup.
- Enable build mode when you enable this option only admin users are able to see the knowledge base at the front end. This allows you to create your documentation with ease, preventing visitors to see it until it’s ready. Any visit to the KB pages will redirect to your home page. If you have already added the KB to your menu it will only be visible to the site administrator. Once your KB is ready and you want visitors to see it you should disable this option.
- Remove all content on uninstall this option should be used with care: If your are planning to remove the plugin permanently including all the KBs, sections and articles you’ve created, then activate this option before uninstalling
ATTENTION! Once the content is removed it cannot be restored.
If you only need to delete the plugin before installing an update make sure that this option is NOT enabled.