Under the Feedback tab in the BasePress Settings page you can enable feedback in your knowledge base articles. This feature allows visitors to send messages directly from the articles, to help improve your knowledge base documentation.
BasePress Feedback SettingsThe settings for this feature are:
- Enable feedback: Tick this checkbox to enable the feedback option on your knowledge base articles.
- Form Visibility: Choose when the feedback form should be displayed. The options are “After Dislikes”, “After Likes and Dislikes”, “Always Visible”.
- Form Label: The title that appears at the top of the feedback form. You can change the text/message here.
- Submit button text: This is the text that appears in the feedback submit button.
- Message after successful submit: This is the message that appears when the feedback submission was successful.
- Message after failed submit: This is the message that appears when a feedback submission failed.
- Use reCAPTCHA: If you receive spam from the feedback form you can enable Google reCATCHA on the form. Here you can choose between checkbox and invisible reCPTCHA or none.
- reCAPTCHA Site KEY: Insert in this field the Site KEY to activate Google reCAPTCHA
- reCAPTCHA Secret KEY: Insert in this field the Secret KEY to activate Google reCAPTCHA