BasePress can have multiple themes in the themes folder. All available themes are listed in BasePress->Settings->Aspect where you can choose the one you want to use.
The theme can also be changed at any time as changing a theme would not change any content in your knowledge base.
While you may just want to use one of the already present themes you could also like to create a new one from scratch.
To create your own theme just follow this instructions:
- Open your WordPress theme folder
- Create a new folder called ‘basepress’
- Create inside the ‘basepress’ folder a new folder with the name of the knowledge base theme you want to create
- Place inside this folder all the necessary files that make up a theme
The easiest way to create a new theme is to copy all the files from one of the default themes that come with BasePress and replace the code in the files to your needs. This way you can be sure to have all the files needed.
When you create a new theme make sure to:
- Give your theme folder a unique name, different from other BasePress themes
- Add at the top of your theme’s css file the name of the theme as you want it to appear in the settings page, like in the example below. Only themes that have this variable will be recognised and used by BasePress.
/* Theme Name: Your Theme Name */